What is it?
Summer School Program is one of the Outbound Mobility Program offered by Telkom University to Telkom University students to study in one of partner universities in various countries. Different from Student Exchange Program, Summer School Program is a short course program which takes 1-4 weeks in July. The students will have an opportunity to learn in the international setting as well as immerse to the local culture of the country.
When can the students join Summer School Program?
The period of the program for each university is different from one to another. Usually it will be conducted at the end of the even semester which is around June, July, or August.
Who can apply?
Student Exchange program is designed for Telkom University students who have the following qualifications:
- Having a passport
- Currently at least in the 3rd semester
- Good academic record with CGPA ≥ 2.75
- Good command of both written and spoken English proven by ITP TOEFL or EPrT certificate with score ≥ 475
- For student majoring in MBTI/ICT Business, they must successfully completed the first-year courses with no E grade
Besides those qualifications, partner universities might set certain requirements regarding the eligibility of the applicants.
To which universities/countries can join the Summer School Program?
As the implementation of the MoU/MoA between Telkom University and partner universities, Telkom University students may join the following program:
- Kumamoto Summer School Program
- Inha Summer School Program
- Hanyang Summer School Program
- Latvia Summer School Program
- Nagaoka Summer School Program
How can apply the Summer School Program?
- The applicant reads detailed information of the program.
- The application and selection for summer school programs of each university is different. Kindly contact International Office or ICAO for detail information.
- The applicant fills out summer school online application form.
To complete the form, the applicant must login with Telkom University email account or Gmail account.
- At the end of the form, the applicant must upload the scanned copy of the following documents.
- Passport (name the file: your full name passport)
- ITP TOEFL/EPrT certificate (name the file: your full name_toefl/eprt)
- Academic transcript (name the file: your full name_transcript)
- Financial support letter (name the file: your full name_financial support letter)
- The template of financial support letter can be downloaded at: http://icao.telkomuniversity.ac.id/downloads/
- Please prepare the scanned copy of those documents in PDF and the maximum size of each document is 1 MB.
Is it free?
Well, to join the Summer School Program, the students still need to prepare amount of money to cover:
*Each program may have different estimate fees to implement the summer school program. In addition, there also scholarship program applied. It depends on the program offered, that’s why the applicants must carefully read detailed information of each program offered.
What are the benefits to join Summer School Program?
This program will surely bring many benefits for the students, including:
- International learning experience
- Cultural excursion