Informatics Doctoral Program.
Course Name : Informatics Doctoral Program
Head of Department :
Address : Jl. Telekomunikasi, Terusan Buah Batu
Post Code : 40257
City : Bandung
Telephone Number : +62 27566456; +62 227564108; +62811 2001 105 (Hotline)
Facsimile Number : +62 227565200
Email Address : email@example.com
Website : https://docif.telkomuniversity.ac.id/
|Informatics Doctoral Program Brief Description||Informatics Doctoral Study Program is one of study program and the 1st doctoral program in Telkom University that lies on School of Informatics. Telkom University’s Informatics Doctoral Study Program has a research focus on two fields, namely: Data Science and Cyber-Physical System (CPS).
Graduates of the Doctoral (S3) Informatics program at Telkom University will have the ability to conduct research (primary researchers) and develop scientific fields independently or in teams at research institutions, universities, or industry, as well as leadership and management abilities.
|Informatics Doctoral Program Vision||Becoming an innovative national and international reputable Doctoral study program in the development of science in the field of Informatics, especially Data Science and Cyber Physical Systems in 2026.|
|Informatics Doctoral Program Mission||1. Organizing an international standard Doctoral program education for the field of Informatics, with a focus on Data Science and Cyber Physical Systems.
2. Conducting research with a focus on the fields of Data Science and Cyber Physical Systems which are recognized at the international level.
3. Providing useful solutions to the community based on Informatics, especially in the fields of Data Science and Cyber Physical System.
|Informatics Doctoral Program Graduates’ Profile||The following are some examples of types of work that match the characteristics of the graduates of the Informatics Doctoral Study Program:
2. Principal Researcher
3. Chief of Technology Officer (CTO).
INFORMATICS DOCTORAL PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
|Affective Domain||1. Fear of God Almighty by: having moral, ethical (both general and academic) and personality who are responsible for completing tasks based on their expertise independently; respecting the diversity of religions, cultures, as well as the opinions and original findings of others; and having the spirit to put the interests of the nation, state and large society.
2. Able to demonstrate academic leadership in the management of research in the field of Informatics which is beneficial for science and the benefit of mankind.
|Cognitive Domain||1. Mastering theories and philosophies in the field of Informatics covering the fields of Data Science and CPS and applying them in a structured and systematic manner.
2. Being able to develop theoretical, philosophical and applied concepts in the field of Informatics that they are engaged in, as well as to represent them in a structured and systematic manner in accordance with the focus areas of Data Science and CPS research.
|General Skills||1. Able to find or develop new scientific theories or concepts or ideas in order to contribute to the development of science and or technology to produce scientific research based on scientific methodologies.
2. Able to compile research in interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or scientific trans-disciplinary, in the form of theoretical studies and or experiments.
3. Able to communicate effectively and efficiently using Indonesian and English properly and correctly and able to write and present scientific papers as outlined in the form of dissertations, and papers that have been published either nationally or internationally.
|Specific Skills||1. Able to formulate current issues and develop a research roadmap in the field of research he is involved in, with a focus on Data Science and CPS.
2. Able to formulate research problems, as well as formulate research gaps in order to produce original research and can make a real contribution to scientific development through systematic, critical, exploratory, innovative studies both independently and in groups in the scientific field, focused on the field of Data Science and CPS.
INFORMATICS DOCTORAL PROGRAM CURRICULUM
|At this stage, students are required to take a number of compulsory courses and specialization courses, as well as a Qualification Examination. Qualification Exam is a test to determine the extent of student competence in mastering the fundamental course or any methods that can be used to support dissertation research.
Assessment components of qualification exam:
1. Mastery of basic materials related to the problem to be studied.
2. Review of previous related studies: understanding of the issues raised, methods used, analysis of results, and opportunities for further development.
Qualification exam can be implemented if students have registered and completed all lectures in the 1st semester, and completed no later than 2 semesters since the student starts the Doctoral program.
|At this stage, students are not only required to prepare a research proposal, they are also required to take a compulsory subject of specialization to support the proposal preparation process. This stage is completed no later than 4 semesters since the student starts the Doctoral program. Students are declared to have passed this stage if they pass the proposal defense approved by from the supervisor and assessor team.
The assessment components of the Proposal Seminar are:
1. Problem definition, including justification and related literature
2. Research plan: methodology, research planning
3. Originality of the topic
4. Methodological accuracy
5. The novelty element of the research
6. Research output
Research & Publication
|At this stage, students are required to conduct research and progress report regularly. Besides, students are also required to write and publish the results of their research.
There are 3 sub-stages in the Research & Publication stage:
· Dissertation, Seminar 1 and Writing Scientific Publications 1
Pre-requisites: Qualification Exam and Research Proposal Seminar
1. Students can defend the method that will be used for solving research problems.
2. Students have been able to conduct initial experiments according to the proposed method
3. Students already have 1 draft of scientific writing to be published
Dissertation, Seminar 2 and Writing Scientific Publications 2
Pre-requisites: 1st Sub Stage (Dissertation, Seminar 1 and Writing Scientific Publications 1)
The student has been able to produce a scientific contribution published (status accepted) in a reputable international conference or national journal.
Dissertation, Seminar 3 and Writing Scientific Publications 3
Pre-requisites: 2nd Sub Stage (Dissertation, Seminar 2 and Writing Scientific Publications 2)
Students have completed a series of dissertation research which is stated with a scientific contribution that can be published in a reputable international journal (draft manuscript) and written in a dissertation book. The draft of the manuscript must be approved by the advisory team.
|At this stage, students take dissertation defense and complete their dissertation writing. The prerequisite for this stage is that the student has passed 3rd stage: Research and Publication and already has a publication in a reputable international journal with accepted status. Evaluation of passing the dissertation examination stage is determined based on the assessment by the supervisor and examiner team in a closed session and an open promotion session.|
INFORMATICS DOCTORAL PROGRAM STAGES
|Stage||Semester||Compulsory Courses||Specialization Courses||Dissertation, Seminar and Examination||Writing Scientific Publications||Credits|
|1||1||Philosophy & Research Methodology||Advanced Data Sciences/Advanced CPS||Qualification Exam||9|
|2||2||Recent Trend in
Data Sciences/Recent Trend in CPS
|3||3||Dissertation & Seminar 1||Writing Scientific Publications 1||6|
|4||Dissertation & Seminar 2||Writing Scientific Publications 2||7|
|5||Dissertation & Seminar 3||Writing Scientific Publications 3||8|
IINFORMATICS DOCTORAL PROGRAM PROMOTOR
|Name: Prof. Adiwijaya
Research Focus: Data Science
Research fields: Data and information science, Combinatorial optimization
Ongoing Research/Projects: World Class Research: Tsunami Reconstruction with a Machine Learning Approach for Disaster Mitigation and Prevention
Profile Link : Scopus, Google Scholar, Sinta, ORCID
|Name: Prof. Maman Abdurohman
Research Focus: Cyber Physical System
Research field: Computer Network, Embedded System
Profile Link: Scopus, Google Scholar, Sinta, ORCID
|Name: Prof. Rendy Munadi
Research Focus: Cyber Physical System
Research field: Internet of Things (IoT) with Machine Learning Tools
Profile Link: Scopus, Google Scholar, Sinta
|Name: Prof. Saparudin
Research Focus: Data Science
Research fields: Image processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition
Profile Link: Google Scholar, Sinta