Outbound Student Exchange Program is one of the Outbound Mobility Program offered by Telkom University to Telkom University students to study in one of partner universities in various countries. The duration of this program is one-two semesters where the students can gain certificate and earn credits for their study in a host university. This program aims to give the students opportunity to study and experience international teaching and learning atmosphere. Those experiences enable them to confidently compete with other students coming from other universities in creating their better future.
When can the students undergo Student Exchange Program?
Generally, the Student Exchange Program starts both in odd semester and even semester which in abroad they called them Spring Program and Fall Program.
Who can apply?
Student Exchange program is designed for Telkom University students who have the following qualifications:
- Having a passport
- Successfully completed at least the first-year courses
- GPA ≥ 2.75 for Engineering Programs and ≥ 3.00 for Business Programs
- Good command of both written and spoken English proven by ITP TOEFL or EPrT certificate with the score ≥ 500
Besides those qualifications, partner universities might set certain requirements regarding the eligibility of the applicants.
To which universities/countries can undergo the Student Exchange Program?
In the last few years, Telkom University has collaborated with several universities in various countries. They invite Telkom University students to join one of their student exchange program, including:
- Chitkara University Student Exchange Spring Program, India
- Chitkara University Student Exchange Fall Program, India
- Inha University Student Exchange Spring Program, South Korea
- Inha University Student Exchange Fall Program, South Korea
- Hanyang University (Seoul) Student Exchange Spring Program, South Korea
- Hanyang University (Seoul) Student Exchange Fall Program, South Korea
- Hanyang University (Erica) Student Exchange Spring Program, South Korea
- Hanyang University (Erica) Student Exchange Fall Program, South Korea
- Kumoh National Institute of Technology (KIT) Student Exchange Spring Program, South Korea
- Kumoh National Institute of Technology (KIT) Student Exchange Fall Program, South Korea
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) Student Exchange Spring Program, Malaysia
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) Student Exchange Fall Program, Malaysia
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences Student Exchange Spring Program, the Netherlands
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences Student Exchange Fall Program, the Netherlands
- University of Applied Sciences Ruhr West Student Exchange Spring Program
- Solbridge Student Exchange Spring Program
How can apply the Student Exchange Program?
- The applicant reads detailed information of the program.
- The applicant fills out student exchange online application form
To complete the form, the applicant must login with Telkom University email account or Gmail account.
- At the end of the form, the applicant must upload the scanned copy of the following documents.
- Passport (name the file: your full name_passport)
- ITP TOEFL/EPrT certificate (name the file: your full name_toefl/eprt)
- Academic transcript (name the file: your full name_transcript)
- Financial support letter (name the file: your full name_financial support letter)
- The template of financial support letter can be downloaded at: http://icao.telkomuniversity.ac.id/downloads/
- Please prepare the scanned copy of those documents in PDF and the maximum size of each document is 1 MB.
Is it free?
Well, to join the Student Exchange Program, the students still need to prepare amount of money to cover:
*Each program may have different estimate fees to implement the student exchange program.
Check details information about the estimated fees for each country:
|No||University Partner||Tuition Fee||Dormitory||Housing||Visa||Insurance||Living Cost/month||Activity Fee||Orientation||Quarantine|
|1||South Korea Universities||Waived||USD 900 – 1.100 (including a meal/day)||USD 450-550/month||USD 135||USD 100 – 200||USD 600 – 1000||USD 100||USD 150||USD 500|
|2||Netherland Universities||Waived||0||€ 2600/6 months|
deposit : € 500
|€ 192||Non-EU: € 75||€ 900||0||0|
Kanazawa: JPY 46.000/month
Tokyo: JPY 55000/month
Kyoto: JPY 55000/month
Osaka: JPY 53000/month
|± IDR 1.000.000||1. National Health Insurance: JPY 1500/month|
2. Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research: JPY 1000/year
3. Comprehensive Insurance for Students Lives Coupled with PAS for International Students: JPY 1310/6 months-JPY 1860/year or JPY 8060/6 months-JPY 11500/year.
|4||Malaysia Universities||Waived||1. Dorm USD 370-USD 750/semester|
2. Personal Bond (Refundable): USD 360
3. food : USD 120/month
|0||USD 250||Medical: USD 25|
Welfare: USD 10
Medical Check Up: USD 40
|USD 200 – 500||USD 35||USD 70||USD 900|
What are the benefits to join Student Exchange Program?
This program will surely bring many benefits for the students, including:
- Credit earning
- International learning experience
- Cultural excursion