IJEP SHORT-TERM EXCHANGE PROGRAM
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
KUMAMOTO UNIVERSITY, JAPAN (JASSO Scholarship is available)
Kumamoto University invited Telkom University students to join IJEP (International Joint Education Program for Science and Technology) short-term exchange program offered by Graduate School of Science and Technology.
- Program accepts qualified graduate students from Telkom university and provides education and research in English for maximum one year.
- Students in this program will belong to a laboratory to conduct a research project under the guidance of an academic supervisor in GSST (Graduate School of Science and Technology).
- In addition, they are required to take some lectures related to topics in environmental issues and the field trip to learn about the natural resources and related social issues.
- Research project
- Lectures (a certificate of credits will be issued by Dean of GSST) “Current Science and Technology in Japan” in fall semester (2 credits) is required.
- Choice of 3 classes related to topics in environment issues is required.
- Field trip
- Final Report
- Midterm and final presentations
*Exchange students can take most of lectures offered in GSST, if agreement from an instructor can be obtained.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
6 months OR 12 months from October, 2018
Students from the field of science and technology
80,000 Yen / month
- Graduate students from Electrical Engineering School
- Application Form (download here)
- Photocopy of the first page of passport.
- Certificate of Enrollment, including information such as expected date of completion.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or a research supervisor who can evaluate the applicant’s personality and ability in study and research.
- Official transcripts in English of academic records from Telkom university, including information such as GPA and ranking.
- An official score of Test of English:
– Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL)- iBT: > 71
– Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL)- pBT: 530
– Test of English for International Communications (TOEIC): 700
– International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.0
further information, please check website at: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/ijep_for_jasso/
SELECTION OF PROSPECTIVE SUPERVISOR AT GSST
- This program requires a research project.
- Please check for your department compatible academic interest: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/en/home/
- Highly recommended that applicants contact the prospective supervisor before apply for this program.
- If you have already contacted a faculty member and received an agreement with your prospective supervisor, indicate in the application form (number 12). If not, we will find a suitable supervisor for 4 you, when you are chosen for a scholarship recipient.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
Kumamoto University will notify applicants by mid July 2018.
The scholarship period should start in October 2018, and continue either for 6 or 12 months. Be advised that after an applicant has been accepted, the period of scholarship cannot be changed
All applications should be submitted through the international office Telkom university
Day / Date : Monday / June 4th, 2018
Time : 12 pm
Place : International Office Telkom University, Bangkit Bulding (Rectorat Building), 1st Floor.
PIC : Mrs. Ayu
E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +627564108 ext. 2400
QUESTION REGARDING THE PROGRAM CONTENTS AND SELECTION OF PROSPECTIVE SUPERVISOR:
Name : Prof. Mitsuyo Kishida
Email : email@example.com