YSEALI: Study and Travel for Free to the US to Represent Indonesia? Yes You Can!
YSEALI (Young Southeast Asian Leader Initiative) Academic Fellowship is a program, initiated by former President Barack Obama and provided and fully funded by United States Government for ASEAN youth (18-25 years old) to study at American Higher Education Institutions for 5-week. It promotes leadership capacities, cultural, social, regional, cross-border and global issues, under themes and concerns:
1. Civic engagement
2. Environment and natural resources management
3. Entrepreneurship and economic development
The participants also will experience to stay with American family, doing community service and able to engage with the policy makers. The program also allow the participants to travel to 3 States in the United States.
What else you can get from YSEALI? This program also support your social project on and even post program, both financial support and mentoring.
Are you interested? If you are:
1. Indonesian (or other 10 YSEALI member countries);
2. Between the age 18 and 25;
3. Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
4. Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and track record in their university, place of work, and/or community;
5. Demonstrate knowledge, or professional experience in one of the YSEALI themes: civic engagement, environment and natural resources management, or entrepreneurship and economic development;
6. Demonstrate a commitment to community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
7. Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States, ASEAN, and Southeast Asia as a region;
8. Be willing to actively participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and study tour;
9. Have a commitment to return to their home country to apply leadership skills and training to benefit their community, country, or the region; and
10. Preferably have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States.
Then there you are eligible!
This YSEALI Alumni Sharing Session will strip all details you must-to-do to be selected as YSEALI participant!