Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students in USA, 2017-2018
The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is offering fully funded scholarships for Indonesian students commencing master program in 2017-2018 academic year. The Fulbright Program through AMINEF annually awards more than 120 scholarships to Americans and Indonesians to study, teach, or conduct original research in a variety of disciplines. The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), established in 1992, is a bi-national non-profit foundation that administers the Fulbright Program in Indonesia.
Selection preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent U.S. experience. Candidate will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, martial status, status as a parent, or sexual orientation. Applications from qualified candidates beyond major cities on Java (e.g.: eastern Indonesia) are particularly welcome
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not a permanent resident or citizen of the U.S., or be currently living in the U.S.
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- A good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, her or his chosen field of study
- Demonstrate that she/he can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the United States
- No to be an employee or a close family member or dependent of an employee of AMINEF, the U.S. Embassy, or the U.S. Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of the Fulbright scholarship application
- Not be intending to pursue another similar program for a double degree
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
- Be willing to work for his/her home institution for at least 5 yeard before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program
The grant is to pursue a master’s degree in the U/S/ for 1 – 2 years in any field except medical sciences.
- Hold a Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale)
- A minimum ITP TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS equivalent. Please note that TOEFL prediction or TOEFL-like score cannot be accepted.
Fulbright grants may be used for study or research in most disciplines and fields of study with the exception of medicine related to patient care or clinical patient contact. Proposals in humanities, arts, and social sciences, and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and health are equally welcome. Applications in STEM fields are encouraged that focus on environmental preservation, alternative energy exploration, or climate change mitigation.
At the time of application to AMINEF, only an Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL or IELTS score is required. If you are later selected for an award, you must then take the official iBT TOEFL test, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for all fields except law and business, or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) for business administration, finance, and accounting.
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from scholarship recipient’s home city to the host institution in the U/S
- Funding for tuition and fees, living, and related costs
- Accident and health insurance coverage per U.S Government guidelines
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms which can be downloaded below and submit them and any supporting documents in hard copy to AMINEF via mail (postage) or drop them off in person before the application deadline to the following address :
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) -57939085 / 9086
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed
Please return to AMINEF your complete application package by the application deadline that includes (supplied in English):
- Completed application form. This includes a clearly written and concise one page study objective.
- Copy of your most recent, less than two year old, ITP TOEFL or IBT TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- Two letters of reference, from a lecturer/professor and work supervisor who know you well.
- Copy of academic transcript (English translation).
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport).
- Curriculum vitae
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
- We do not accept email applications.
- Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE : February 15, 2017
Note: Program requirements are subject to change without notice.
The form can be downloaded here.