Apply online for a UK visa to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner (eg spouse) already in the UK. Or use this service to apply for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode in the UK.

Before you start

You must be outside the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to apply for your visa.

You need to:

  • register for an account
  • fill in the application form in English
  • pay for the visa fee online (in most cases)
  • print out your form
  • book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre

You must:

  • have the original and a photocopy of all the supporting documents you need for your visa
  • translate any supporting documents and include them with the originals if they aren’t in English

Tuberculosis (TB) test

You may need to get a TB test, depending on where you’re applying from –check if you need a TB test.

Attending an appointment

Check where your appointment will be before you apply – it may be in a different country.

How long it takes

Find out how long it will take to get your visa.

You can save your application form and finish it later once you’ve registered.