International BlockChain Week at Saxion University
International BlockChain Week at Saxion University-The Netherlands. Saxion University of Applied Science is delightful to invites Telkom University students to participate in the International BlockChain Week that will be carried out from 1 February until 5 February 2021. The program will be organized online and onsite if the situation of Covid 19 allows to do so. The program covers various activities including workshops, master classes, symposiums & etc. that will deliver both in English and Dutch, depending on the theme. Besides, there will be Blockchain Saxion University of Applied Science thesis award that will be concluded with the closing symposium and a winner’s challenge (student’s thesis). The winner will be granted a prize of 500 euros for the best thesis in the field Blockchain.
International BlockChain Week will be implemented in 5 days starting from 1-5 February 2021, while the presentation of student’s thesis will be carried out on February 5th, 2021.
- Encouraging students to take market-relevant and innovative themes as subjects that are important for Blockchain developments.
- Stimulate students to be aware of the impact of the results of their studies on the further professionalization and development of the interdisciplinary field around Blockchain.
- Stimulate the wide(er) publication of the achieved study results.
- To promote familiarity with Blockchain.
BlockChain week will cover the following issues:
- Blockchain & Finance
- Blockchain & Health Law
- Blockchain and the real estate
- Blockchain & Legal Affairs
CRITERIA OF THE BLOCKCHAIN SAXION UAS THESIS AWARD
- The prize is awarded to graduation theses on completion of an HBO or university education.
- The thesis should be relevant and innovative for: the interests for further development of Blockchain (national and international); the application of Blockchain in general; the application of Blockchain in the Dutch market in the broadest sense, viewed from a Dutch perspective.
- Thesis may be offered in both Dutch and English.
- Every student in training in the Netherlands may submit a thesis.
INTERNATIONAL BLOCKCHAIN SAXION UAS THESIS AWARD SUBMISSION
- The entry must meet the conditions set out in these regulations and will only be considered an entry after the Blockchain research group has tested it and declared it admissible. The entry will then be judged by the jury.
- The thesis should be sent digitally (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The thesis should be accompanied by a written explanation with a maximum length of 500 words, to be sent by the supervisor(s) of the educational institute or institution involved. This should also clearly state the reasons for the relevance of the thesis.
- An entry can only compete once for the thesis prize.
PROCEDURE OF THE BLOCKCHAIN SAXION UAS THESIS AWARD
- The prize awarded relates to the previous academic year. A maximum of three theses will be nominated by the jury. A prize will also be awarded to the educational institution of the winning thesis. The prizes to be awarded are determined each year.
- If there is reason to do so, it may be decided not to award a main prize and/or fewer nomination prizes.
JURY AND ASSESSMENT OF THE BLOCKCHAIN SAXION UAS THESIS AWARD
The jury is appointed by the research group Blockchain Saxion UAS and consists of a maximum of five experts. The jury can be assisted by external experts and external experts can be part of the jury. If a juror is directly involved in one of the theses submitted, the juror in question will not vote on the thesis(s) in question.
The jury will evaluate the submissions:
- The quality of the thesis in general in terms of breadth, depth, methodology, conclusions and recommendations;
- The relevance for Blockchain research and education;
- The importance of the study in question for the further professionalization of Blockchain;
- The innovative aspects within the study conducted;
- The method of presentation;
- The originality.
The jury consists of:
- Peter Verkoulen, coalition manager Dutch Blockchain Coalition
- Jolanda ter Maten MSc, international Blockchain Strategic Innovation Advisor and member EU Blockchain Observatory
- Rutger Zuidam, Founder Odyssey.org
- Jan Veuger, lecturer Blockchain and chairman of the jury
Participant makes an online registration at: http://bit.ly/blockchain-registration
All detailed information regarding the program can be found at this link:
Should you have any inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact: