Information of IJEP Short-Term Exchange 2022 (JASSO scholarship)
Information of IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program 2022 has been revealed! The Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Japan is recruiting applicants from Telkom University (graduate students). The programs can be joined with JASSO Scholarship.
PROGRAMS OFFERED INFORMATION
There are two interesting programs offered in the IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program:
- Environmental Leader Program
In Environmental Leader Program, students will belong to a laboratory to conduct a research project under the guidance of an academic supervisor in GSST. In addition, they are required to take some lectures related to topics in environmental issues and the field trip to learn about the natural resources and related social issues. JASSO scholarship will be offered to 20 selected students, who are from partner universities with a student exchange agreement.
- Advanced Science and Technology Program
In Advanced Science and Technology Program students will belong to a laboratory to conduct a research project under the guidance of an academic supervisor in GSST, so they learn how to conduct research in the fields of advanced science and engineering and are possibly expected to bridge the labs between Kumamoto University and their home university. JASSO scholarship will be offered to 7 selected students, who are from partner universities with a student exchange agreement.
PROGRAM PERIOD INFORMATION
The program starts in March 1, 2022 and the period of stay is either for 6 months (till August 2022) or 11 months (till January 2023).
APPLICATION DEADLINE INFORMATION
The application documents (hard copy) must arrive at International Student Office of Kumamoto University no later than November 19, 2021.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS INFORMATION
Kumamoto University will notify applicants by mid December 2021.
APPLICANTS ELLIGIBILITY INFORMATION
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record at their home university and are of good personality.
- Applicants should have a clear purpose and plan for studying abroad in Japan, and for whom the results from studying abroad appear promising.
- Applicants who have economic difficulties to study abroad without outside financial help.
- Applicants who will return to their home university to continue their studies and receive their degree after finishing their studies abroad in Japan.
- Applicants should obtain a study visa (resident status) without fail.
- Applicants should not be receiving scholarship more than 80,000 yen per month from all other scholarship sources while studying abroad in Japan.
INFORMATION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Application form for Short-Term Exchange Program (Form 1: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/ijep_for_jasso/ )
- Certificate of Enrollment, including information such as expected date of completion.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or a research supervisor who can evaluate the applicant’s personality and ability in study and research.
- Official transcripts in English of academic records from each college and university attended, including information such as GPA and ranking.
- An official score of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Test of English for International Communications (TOEIC), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Desirable scores are greater than 71 for TOEFL-iBT (530 for TOEFL-pBT), 700 for TOEIC, and 6.0 for IELTS.
Amount of scholarship is 80,000 yen per month. Participants have to take responsibility for the cost of flight ticket, accommodation, food, health insurance and other living cost, etc.
PROGRAM CONTENTS INFORMATION
- Research project
Take one of the classes, “English for Science and Technology” in spring semester (2 credits) or “Current Science and Technology in Japan” in fall semester (2 credits). At least 3 classes related to topics in environment issues are required (only for Environmental Leader).
- Field trip (only for Environmental Leader)
- Final Report
- Midterm and final presentations
For further information, please visit Kumamoto University website at: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/
- Environmental Leader Program: https://bit.ly/EnvironmentalLeaderProgram2022
- Advanced Science and Technology Program: https://bit.ly/AdvancedScienceandTechnologyProgram2022
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION MATERIALS INFORMATION
All applications should be submitted through the international office of Telkom University. Soft copies of application materials should be sent by email to the following address to be checked before sending hard copies.
International Office of Telkom University
Phone: +62 813 2112 3400
Academic/International Affairs Section
Graduate School of Science and Technology
2-39-1 Kurokami, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto 860-8555, Japan