IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program under JASSO Scholarship 2021
IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program under JASSO Scholarship. IJEP (International Joint Education Program for Science and Technology) Short-Term Exchange Program accepts qualified graduate students from overseas universities and provides education and research in English for maximum one academic year. Students in this program will belong to a laboratory to conduct a research project under the guidance of an academic supervisor in Graduate School of Science and Technology (GSST), Kumamoto University, Japan. In addition, students are required to take some lectures related to topics in environmental issues and the field trip to learn about the natural resources and related social issues.
The program will be started on March 1, 2021 and the period of stay is either for 6 months (till August 2021) or 11 months (till January 2022). The implementation of the program, however, depends on the Covid-19 situation. There is possibility of the cancellation.
Monthly stipend: ¥80,000 per month.
The application is OPEN until November 20, 2020.
CONTENTS OF THE PROGRAM
- Research project
- Lectures (a certificate of credits will be issued by Dean of GSST). At least 3 classes related to topics in environment issues are required. *Exchange students can take most of lectures offered in GSST, if agreement from an instructor can be obtained.
- Field trip
- Final Report
- Midterm and final presentations
- The calls are open for graduates students
- Nominated by International Office of Telkom University
*It will be based on the requirements and required documents submitted
- Application form for Short-Term Exchange Program (Form 1) that can be downloaded at https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/ijep_for_jasso/
- Certificate of Enrollment, including information such as expected date of completion.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or a research supervisor who can evaluate the applicant’s personality and ability in study and research.
- Official transcripts in English of academic records from each college and university attended, including information such as GPA and ranking.
- An official score of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Test of English for International Communications (TOEIC), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Desirable scores are greater than 71 for TOEFL-iBT (530 for TOEFL-pBT), 700 for TOEIC, and 6.0 for IELTS.
CONTACT PERSON & INFORMATION
For further information of the program, please visit Kumamoto University’s website at: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/
Should you have any inquiries, don not hesitate to contact:
International Office of Telkom University
Phone: +62 813 2112 3400 (WhatsApp only)
Email: [email protected]