IISMA 2022 Info Session
IISMA 2022 Info Session. IISMA (Indonesian International Student Mobility Awards) is the Government of Republic of Indonesia scholarship scheme to fund Indonesian students for mobility program at top Universities overseas. In 2021, Telkom University managed to get IISMA scholarships for 12 students to take part in Student Exchange Program at prestigious universities abroad such as the University of Twente-the Netherland, Palacky University Olomouc-the Czech Republic, University of Limerick-Ireland, The Pennsylvania State University-Pennsylvania, University of British Columbia-Canada, and the University of Leeds-England. In order reach more Telkom University students to have the opportunity to study abroad, Telkom University held an Info Session on IISMA for Telkom University students virtually this morning (03/12/2021) by presenting Mr. Junaidi, S.S., MA, the Head of the Sub. IISMA Project, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology.
The IISMA program is held for several contexts including:
- In this digital era or also known as the 4.0 era, it is deemed necessary to improve the quality of human resources who are more open to all changes, including the development of technology so that through student exchanges by IISMA program to universities abroad, Indonesian students can learn more and get more life experience there;
- IISMA supports the government’s policy on Kampus Merdeka Belajar or called emancipated learning, where home university’s major as base enhanced through interdisciplinary courses abroad;
- Internationalization Program, where students, through IISMA program can get the opportunity to international exposure by learning not only the academics, but also the cultures and customs in Host country.
Seeing the interest of IISMA 2021 applicants, the competition to get the IISMA scholarship for 2022 may be even tighter because there will be many more applicants from various universities so Telkom University students are expected to immediately prepare themselves in terms of requirements in order to pass the selection. The following are requirements for applying to IISMA, according to Mr. Junaidi presentation:
- Active Undergraduate Students (Indonesian citizenship)
- Having Good English Proficiency (Minimum score: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL iBT 78/Duolingo 100)
- Being nominated by each home university
- Having good academic performance (Minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0), proven by latest academic transcript).
Besides, Mr. Junaidi, there were also two awardees of IISMA from Telkom University named Muhammad Azaria Widyadhana and Sabrina Ramadhian Kurnianto who shared tips and tricks also experience in joining IISMA 2021. Besides getting credits Recognition for 20 credits at Top University abroad, joining IISMA Program enables students to learn courses of own interests, develop international networking, experience new culture, and develop competencies for the future. Some tips and tricks to be selected as awardee of IISMA shared by Azaria and Sabrina are:
- Prepare everything (documents (CV, Transcript, Eng. Proficiency, Essay and other requirements) as early as possible.
- Set goals and motivation in applying for IISMA.
- Be honest to yourself to your capacity in finding your interest.
- Search Target University based on your interest and capacity.
Those are the highlight of Info Session on IISMA. So, are you ready to apply for IISMA 2022? Hope you are the next IISMA awardee. Good luck!(IO)***