Student Exchange Program
Malaysia Multimedia University (MMU) Exchange Program
The tuition fee is waived for students coming from partner universities. Accommodation and food are at the students own expense. Due to limited on-campus accommodation, exchange students are offered fully-furnished off-campus accommodation that costs between RM600-800 per month including utilities charges. The estimated monthly expenses for an International student living in Malaysia is from RM1, 000 to 2, 000 (approximately USD 460 – 650). This includes accommodation, meals, utilities, local transportation and entertainment. Cost may vary depending on individual lifestyle.
Students must have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in their home institute with a CGPA of at least 2.75 (out of 4.00) or equivalent. Application is open to students who are currently studying at a partner university. Please check with the International Office of your respective universities.
- 20 March 2015 for programmes starting in June 2015 (22 June 2015 – 18 October 2015)
- 15 June 2015 for programmes starting in November 2015 (16 Nov 2015 – 13 March 2016)
- 13 November 2015 for programmes starting in March 2015 (4 April 2016 – 5 June 2016)
For your kind reference, please refer to our Academic Calendar for 2015/2016, http://www.mmu.edu.my/index.php?req=109
Documents needed for application into MMU:
- Incoming Exchange Student Application form.
- Students curriculum vitae in English.
- 2 recommendation letters from faculty ( Academic Advisor / Lecturer)
- 3 copies of Certified copy of academic transcript on all grades obtained until present (in English).
- If available: certificates for English language tests (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, GCE O Levels for English). Min. requirement is TOEFL 520 (Computer based 190, Internet based 68), IELTS 5.5 or C in Cambridge O-Level English.
- 3 copies of passport(all pages including blank pages on A4 size paper)
- 8 passport size photographs (blue background)
- Upon receiving an offer letter from MMU, students need to submit proof of payment for USD 500 which includes application fee for a Malaysian Student Pass, health examination, medical insurance card, administrative charges, as well as the fee for the pass (for the duration of less than 6 months).
- Please specify what subjects you would like to study whilst you are in Multimedia University. For more information about courses and programmes offered by MMU, please refer to our faculty webpage:-
- Faculty of Management: http://fom.mmu.edu.my/details_prog.html
- Faculty of Engineering: http://foe.mmu.edu.my/v3/main/undergrad/subject/subjectlist.html
- Faculty of Creative Multimedia : http://creative.mmu.edu.my/fcm/programmes/undergrad/
- Faculty of Computing and Informatics: http://fit.mmu.edu.my/undergrad/udgradprog2.php
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology: http://fet.mmu.edu.my/v4/undergraduate/coursestructures.htm
- Faculty of Information Science and Technology:
- o Bioinformatics: http://fist2.mmu.edu.my/?page=69
- o Information Technology : http://fist2.mmu.edu.my/?page=78
- Faculty of Business: http://fob.mmu.edu.my/index.php/2012-06-20-06-31-32/2012-10-09-09-29-47/course-structures
- Please ensure that you select subjects of a suitable level. The list of subjects listed and the subjects offered might be different and changes are at the discretion of the faculties.
- The normal credit load for one trimester in MMU is as follows:-
- For Long Trimester (14 weeks of classes – June and October intakes), student are allowed to take a maximum of 21 credit hours, and a minimum of one subject which is of 2 credit hours or 3 credit hours.
- For Short Trimester (8 weeks of classes – March intake) students are allowed to register for maximum of 14 credit hours, and a minimum of one subject which is of 2 credit hours or 3 credit hours.
- Students are advised to select more than the required credit load at application stage in case their first choice of subjects are not available.