5G in Telkom University Campus
5G in Telkom University Campus. Good news for all of us in Indonesia. Now we can experience the excellent service of the 5G network in Indonesia! In collaboration with Telkomsel, Telkom University is developing the 5G ecosystem in Indonesia. On Monday, June 7th, 2021, Telkomsel 5G service was officially launched in five cities in Indonesia, including Bandung area that was held at Telkom University.
R. Muharam Perbawamukti, the Director of Human Capital Management Telkomsel said that: “The presence of Telkomsel 5G services in these five cities is a manifestation of Telkomsel’s commitment as the first 5G operator in Indonesia in providing access to leading digital connectivity which will further encourage the opening of wider opportunities for all possibilities, including in terms of community empowerment and industrial sector transformation”.
Telkomsel also signed a memorandum of understanding with Telkom University to conduct research on 5G technology, to accelerate efforts to utilize and develop 5G and its ecosystem, as well as to encourage the birth of future digital talents capable of realizing the nation’s digital independence.
5G Research in Telkom University
Prof. Dr. Adiwijaya, rector of Telkom University expressed his proud that Telkom University becomes the first campus that can enjoy 5G networks in Indonesia. In addition, Telkom University will continue to be committed with Telkomsel to jointly develop the 5G network to be able to provide significant changes to people’s lives in the future. Through Telkomsel’s 5G network, the use of 5G at Telkom University will greatly assist the implementation of the main tasks of higher education, namely the Three Pillars of Higher Education which includes education, research and community service.
“I hope that with the support of 5G on the Telkom University campus, it can foster the enthusiasm of Telkom University researchers to continue to develop research and produce innovations that lead to the benefit of the Indonesian people. As a center of excellence, we are committed to producing the best digital talent needed by this nation, as well as being able to support and develop 5G technology and Indonesia’s digital independence in the future. Thank you Telkomsel for giving us the opportunity to enjoy the first 5G network in Indonesia”, Prof. Adi added.
Actually, at Telkom University, several applications and innovations have been developed from research on the use of 5G technology and its ecosystem, such as:
- Telesthethoscope, an internet of things (IoT) based stethoscope that allows data storage of lung and heart sound recordings as well as remote use so that their use is safer during a pandemic;
- PATRIOT-NET, which is an integrated system in disaster prevention efforts in the form of an early warning system by utilizing IoT technology and integrated with telecommunications network recovery innovations using Mobile Cognitive Radio Base Station (MCRBS);
- Autonomous UVC Mobile Robot, an autonomous robot that can sterilize medical isolation rooms with UVC light;
- Doctor Representative Robot (Doper), a communication tool between doctors and Covid-19 patients remotely that enables infrared temperature monitoring;
- Arrhythmias Monitoring System (Amons), which is an electrocardiogram (ECG) monitoring tool with a higher level of accuracy and sensitivity, and others.
Telkom University, through this collaboration, expects that it will open up more research opportunities for the development of innovation in the use of appropriate 5G technology so that the Indonesian people can become smart digital entrepreneurs who can encourage Indonesia’s transformation towards complete digital sovereignty and independence.(IO)***