Colombo Plan Scholarship in Engineering, University of Auckland, New Zealand
The main purpose of the Scholarship is to assist international students who are citizens of Colombo Plan member countries, to study undergraduate or postgraduate engineering programmes at The University of Auckland.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit, financial need, community activities, communication skills, leadership potential and desire to contribute positively to the engineering profession.
- NOTE: Candidates must always refer to the regulations for comprehensive details about selection.
How do students apply?
Applications by form are made to the Scholarship Office.
NOTE: Application can be accessed from The University of Auckland scholarships website http://www.auckland.ac.nz/scholarships
The Scholarship will be awarded by The University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering (or nominee), the Deputy Dean of Engineering (or nominee) and an academic from the Faculty of Engineering appointed by the Dean.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Approximately six weeks after the closing date by letter or email.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
NOTE: Regulations are occasionally updated. Candidates must always refer to the regulations for current and comprehensive information relating to conditions of the scholarships.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to an international student who is a citizen of one of the following countries: Afganistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States of America and Vietnam.
- Although Australia is a member country of the Colombo Plan, Australian citizens do not have international student status in New Zealand and so are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students who have been offered a scholarship must meet all requirements for admission to their programme of study.
- The student will be required to pay all other fees and costs inherent in pursuing study at The University of Auckland as an international student.
- NOTE: Regulations are occasionally updated. Candidates must always refer to the regulations for current and comprehensive information relating to the scholarships.
For more information about this award contact:
The Scholarship Office
The University of Auckland
Closing date: 31/03/2014
For more information, please visit official website: www.auckland.ac.nz.