UTP Virtual Student Exchange Program (V-SEP)
UTP Virtual Student Exchange Program (V-SEP). Virtual Student Exchange Program as known as V-SEP is an alternative mobility program offered by Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP) that provides opportunity for inbound students to join mobility program even though during Covid-19 pandemic. Exchange students can enroll in equivalent courses at UTP in subjects that are related to their faculties and study background in their Home University. Students will study for 1 to 2 semester(s) by attending virtual classes and being involved in other related academic activities (i.e. assignments, projects, tests, examinations, etc).
Virtual intake is open starting September Semester 2020. Every year, it will be offered in 3 intakes:
- January-April Semester
- May-August Semester
- September-December Semester
For Intake JANUARY 2021, the application is OPEN from November 1st, 2020 with this following schedules:
- Nomination Deadline : December 15th, 2020
- Document Submission Deadline : December 25th, 2020
|Item ||January 2021 Semester |
|Virtual Exchange Orientation Week||30 Dec||03 Jan||4 days|
|Lecture||04 Jan||26 Mar||12 weeks|
|Study week||27 Mar||31 Mar||5 days|
|Extended Assignment||01 Apr||11 Apr||11 days|
|Total week ||14 weeks|
- This program is OPEN for all full time undergraduate student of Telkom University with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent.
- Participants must fulfill English requirements (for non-English speaking countries):
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.0 OR
- A minimum TOEFL PBT score 500 OR
- A minimum TOEFL iBT score of 59 OR
- A minimum TOEFL CBT score of 173.
- Students can afford to support the whole cost incurred during the program
- Students have stable internet connection with minimum bandwidth of 512Kbps throughout semester.
- Students are nominated by Telkom University.
- Students apply through International Office of Telkom University/ICAO of Telkom University by sending an application email to [email protected]
- Students submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcript
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Student Matric Card
- Study Plan / List of Courses (Learning Agreement Form)
- Passport Photo
- Confirmation Letter*
*It will be granted for selected students
- Students wait for the announcement regarding the acceptance including an offer letter and invoice for the program.
- Students need to pay the admission fees before 4th January 2021.
- Virtual Exchange Orientation Week
It will be held on December 30th, 2020 – January 3rd, 2021 through Virtual engagement “MS Teams”
- Course Registration Session
a. Student needs to fill in the Enrolment Form (online).
To complete registration process
To get the UTP Student ID
To get the UTP email account & internet access
b. Student check the final timetable & submit their final Learning Agreement Form (12-15 credit hours).
- Online Classes
Student undergo their online classes and fulfil all semester requirements virtually through UTP ULearn platform.
- Coaching & Mentoring
Student will be assigned to 1 mentor to guide and help throughout the online semester. Mentor could be: Lecturer, Student Buddy, or Mobility Coordinator
- Test/Extended Assignment (EA)
Student need to complete all Tests & EAs accordingly through UTP ULearn platform. Each EA will be given 24 Hours to complete according to the schedule.
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Materials Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering with Honours
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Petroleum Geoscience
- Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Physics
- Bachelor in Business Management (Honours)
For further information, kindly refer to https://www.utp.edu.my/Pages/Students/Mobility%20Files/V-SEP.aspx and for guideline for application documents please go to https://bit.ly/doc-vsep-utp
Should you have any inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact:
International Office of Telkom University
WA : +62 813 2112 3400
Email : [email protected]