Postgraduate Exchange 2023 at Kumamoto University
Postgraduate Exchange 2023 at Kumamoto University. Kumamoto University invites graduate students of Telkom University (Master Degree and Doctoral Degree students) to conduct a research under the program Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”. It is an IJEP (International Joint Education Program for Science and Technology) Short-Term Exchange Program at Kumamoto University, Japan that accepts qualified graduate students from overseas universities and provides education and research in English for maximum one academic year. There is a JASSO Scholarship that can assist students during participating in Postgraduate Exchange 2023. In Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”, students will belong to a laboratory to conduct a research project under the guidance of an academic supervisor in GSST (Graduate School of Science and Technology) of Kumamoto University. In addition, they are required to take some lectures related to topics in environmental issues and the field trip to learn about the natural resources and related social issues.
PROGRAM OF POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
- Research project
- Lectures: “Current Science and Technology in Japan” in fall semester (2 credits) is required. At least 3 classes related to topics in environment issues are required. Transcripts will be issued from GSST.
- Field trip
- Final Report
- Midterm and final presentations
PROGRAM PERIOD OF POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
The Postgraduate Exchange 2023 starts on October 1, 2023, and the period of stay is either for 6 months or 11 months. Applicant may choose to apply for Environmental Leader Program in two period options:
- 6 months (till March 2024)
- 11 months (till August 2024)
APPLICATION DEADLINE OF POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
Graduate students at Telkom University who are interested in joining the Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program” must join the internal registration as the nomination step before May 31st, 2023.
INTERNAL REGISTRATION LINK FOR POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
Before applying to the Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”, applicants need to join internal registration at: bit.ly/kumamotopostgraduateexchange2023
APPLICANTS ELLIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
- Graduate students of Telkom University.
- Having excellent academic records and good honors.
- Having good English communication skills. EPrT will be accepted for the Internal Registration only. Once the applicants passed the nomination step, applicants need to have international English proficiency test.
- Being passed the nomination step of Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
Internal Registration (Nomination Step)
- Scan of Student ID Card
- Academic Transcript in English
- Scan of English Proficiency Certificate
Additional Documents after Passing the Nomination Step
- Application form for Short-Term Exchange Program (template at: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/ijep_for_jasso/).
- Certificate of Enrollment, including information such as expected date of completion.
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or a research supervisor who can evaluate the applicant’s personality and ability in study and research.
- Official transcripts in English of academic records from each college and university attended, including information such as GPA and ranking.
- An official score of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Test of English for International Communications (TOEIC), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Desirable scores are greater than 71 for TOEFL-iBT (530 for TOEFL-pBT), 700 for TOEIC, and 6.0 for IELTS. Scores obtained earlier than May 2021 are invalid.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES OF POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
- Applicant reads detail information of Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”, an IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program at Kumamoto University, Japan.
- Applicant consults with academic supervisor related participation in the program, including the courses’ selection.
- Applicant checks Department Compatible in Kumamoto University for the academic interest (https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/department/).
- Applicant contacts GSST faculty members to get a consent to be a prospective supervisor.
- Applicant prepares required documents.
- Applicants make an online registration for the nomination step at: ly/kumamotopostgraduateexchange2023
- Applicant waits for the next announcement regarding passed nomination of Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”, an IJEP Short-Term Exchange Program at Kumamoto University, Japan from International Office of Telkom University.
- Once passed the nomination, applicant will be guided to apply to its official application. Likewise, selected applicants must prepare the additional documents.
- All applications should be submitted through the international office of Telkom University. Soft copies of application materials should be sent by email ([email protected]; [email protected]) to be checked before sending hard copies to Kumamoto University.
- Amount of scholarship: 80,000 yen per month (participants have to take responsibility for the cost of flight tickets, accommodation, food, health insurance and other living cost, etc.).
- The scholarship period should start in October 2023, and continue either for 6 or 11 months. Be advised that after an applicant has been accepted, the period of scholarship cannot be changed.
- The scholarship money will be deposited in your bank account of the designated bank in Japan.
- If a scholarship recipient demonstrates poor academic performance, has extreme misbehavior, does something else that is deemed by JASSO to be unbecoming of a scholarship recipient, or admits to having lied on his/her application, there is a chance that his/her scholarship will be revoked. In this case, JASSO will demand repayment from the student all of the scholarship money paid to the student. In addition, for the following academic year and thereafter, JASSO might withhold the granting of scholarships to the student’s home university and also possibly reduce the number of scholarships altogether eliminating) given to the host university where the student had attended.
DETAILED INFORMATION OF POSTGRADUATE EXCHANGE 2023
For further information about Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”, please visit Kumamoto University website at: https://www.fast.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/gsst-en/special/. Should you have any inquiries about Postgraduate Exchange 2023: “Environmental Leader Program”, and interested apply for the program, don’t hesitate to contact:
International Office of Telkom University
Phone: +62 813 2112 3400
Email: [email protected]