MEXT Scholarship 2021 at Kanazawa University
MEXT Scholarship 2021 at Kanazawa University. MEXT Scholarship 2021 is a 2021 Japanese Government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO) Scholarship for Research Student that provides scholarship for people especially in Telkom University, mainly who seeks a Master’s or Doctoral degree at Kanazawa University not for the exchange program.
Applications must reach the prospective graduate school of Kanazawa University by mid or late JANUARY, 2021 (Deadline for application is different in each graduate school. Please kindly ask the student affairs section in each graduate school).
- TelUtizen coming from bachelor or Master Degree Program
- Nationality: non-Japanese nationality
- Age: Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1986.
- Academic Background:
a. Applicants must satisfy qualification requirements for admission to either a master’s or doctoral course at a Japanese graduate school.
b. Please note that applicants must have university grade points of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their current course of study (in case applicants are currently employed, their final academic background) and be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
- Study Area: The study area must be in the same field as the applicant has studied or is now studying, or in a related one.
- Language: Applicants must have enough Japanese or English skills to conduct academic research and education.
- Health: Applicants must be physically and mentally healthy enough to pursue study at a university.
- Arrival in Japan: In principle, applicants must arrive in Japan within two weeks of the date; October 1st, 2021 set by Kanazawa University for the beginning of the semester.
- Visa: Applicants must acquire the Student visa before arriving in Japan. Applicants who have the Permanent visa or the Long-term Resident visa must change the visa status and come to Japan again. If applicants change their status during stay in Japan, they will be disqualified from the scholarship.
- Academic Supervisor:
Applicants have to find a prospective academic supervisor who will accept them among a professor or an associate professor from Kanazawa University before applying for the scholarship. Applicants may refer to this link to find one: http://ridb.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/public/index_en.php
More info regarding the qualification, please find it in https://bit.ly/mextscholarship2021 in file of “Monbukagakusho_Prospectus 2021”
Applicants must submit the following documents, written in either English or Japanese, to one of the administration offices (see the mailing address at https://bit.ly/mextscholarship2021 ). If it is impossible, you must attach Japanese translations of them. English translations are not acceptable.
- Application cover sheet*
- Completed application form (in both side printing)*
- Field of Study and Study Program (in both side printing)*
- Photocopy of the university diploma or certificate of degree, or a certified letter from the university at which applicants are currently enrolled, stating the expected graduation date.
- Official academic transcript of all applicable undergraduate and graduate course work from the institution including applicant’s GPA and/or ranking in your institution.
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport or birth certificate or certificate of citizenship in the applicant’s home country
- A letter of recommendation written by the President, Dean or Director of the institution addressed to the President of Kanazawa University. *Please use the prescribed form
- A Photograph (4.5×3.5cm; taken within the past six months, upper body, full-faced, uncapped)
- Summary of the latest thesis for a degree
- Acceptance letter written by a prospective academic supervisor from Kanazawa University.
- Certificate of official language (English or Japanese) qualification such as TOEFL, IELTS or JLPT.
- Certificate of Health*
- Pledge to Kanazawa University*
- For those who are currently employed, a letter of release/recognition from their supervisor, recognizing their right to apply and/or pursue further education in Kanazawa University.
- Certificate of employment period
- For those who satisfy the application requirement of educational background by adding his/her research history at a research institution (place of employment).
* Please use the prescribed form. Find the template at: https://bit.ly/mextscholarship2021
- Allowance per month:
– Research Students: 143,000 yen
– Master’s Program Students: 144,000 yen
– Doctoral Program Students: 145,000 yen
Transportation to Japan: The grantee will be supplied with an economy class air ticket from the international airport nearest to his/her home address to an international airport in Japan, such as Kansai International Airport. Domestic flight fee, airport usage fee, airport tax, etc. will NOT be covered. (The address in the country of the grantee’s nationality stated in the application is in principle considered as the “home address”). Air travel from a country other than the grantee’s nationality will not be covered.
Transportation from Japan: The grantee who returns to his/her home country within the last-payment month of his/her scholarship will be provided, upon application, with an economy class air ticket from an international airport in Japan to the international airport nearest to his/her home address.
- Tuition, Entrance examination fee, and Entrance fee: waived.
All detailed information regarding the program can be found at this link: https://bit.ly/mextscholarship2021
SAKURAI Nami (Ms.)
International Student Section,
International Student Exchange Division,
International Relations Department, Kanazawa University
Kakuma, Kanazawa 920-1192 Japan
Tel: +81-76-264-5294 Fax: +81-76-234-4043