KNB Scholarship is Available at Telkom University. Good news everyone! Starting 2020, Telkom University is officially appointed by Ministry of Education and Culture to host Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship.
KNB Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities. It has been conducted since 1992, and has produced hundreds of graduates from all over the world.
Now, international students who want to get the opportunity to study master degree through KNB Scholarship, can choose Telkom University as their campus.
The following are study program options in Telkom University for KNB Scholarship enthusiasts:
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Digital Forensics and Data Security
- Indonesian Language Training Program A one academic year Indonesian Language (Bahasa) course is a compulsory for all KNB students as all courses required to complete the Master program (lecture and thesis) will be conducted in Bahasa. The Bahasa course will be provided by each University.
- Preparatory program Preparatory program prior to the Master or Bachelor Degree program, will be arranged in accordance with the university’s policy and program planning.
- Academic Program Maximum of 4 semesters for Master Degree program. In order to successfully complete the program, it is important for all KNB students to consistently produce a good academic performance by developing a can do attitude, stay focus, punctual, and discipline.
Scholarship Coverage & Duration
The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,500,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance per month;
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 400,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- The duration of scholarship is exclusively correlated to the duration of the academic program as indicated below: The scholarship is paid for 12 calendar months each academic year during the normal period of study, except the last academic year of the normal period of study when the scholarship is paid for 8 months. Please be advised that in case of early program completion, all scholarships payment will be stopped by the time the awardee set off for home (returning to home country).
- Please be advised that the KNB Scholarship is calculated to support the KNB Student costs only. There is no provision for dependents. KNB Students are advised not to bring dependents to Indonesia. The KNB Scholarship provides no financial or pastoral support for dependents and will not endorse the visa applications of, nor provide travel for, dependents.
* Note: Other expenses beside above mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply).
- Applicants must have a TOEFL or IELTS (or other certified English Proficiency Test) score of 80 or 6.0 or equivalent.
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form.
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.
- Must be able to maintain a GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Must be nominated by Indonesian Embassy
How to Apply
All application process is conducted online through the KNB Scholarship website: http://knb.kemdikbud.go.id/
Please be advised that soliciting is prohibited.
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related
- Government Agency-should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia);
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
- Scanned TOEFL or IELTS score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years;
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website);
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process;
- Selection process. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network;
During the application process, please pay close attention to some important information below:
- We strongly suggest you to collect as many information as possible on Telkom University and your desired study program. Please be advised that once you are admitted, changing either the universities or your study program is strictly prohibited.
- The recommendation letter from Indonesian Embassy is mandatory. The recommendation letter will be issued based on verification and necessary background and/or security checks conducted by the Indonesian Embassy. In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, you need to obtain the letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to your country.
- All the required documents have to be written or officially translated in English.
- The participants from English speaking country are not automatically excluded from the requirement to attach the written prove of their English proficiency.
- The universities will be conducting a series of the selection methods including (if necessary) online interview with the potential candidates.
|The online application deadline||May 7th, 2021|
|The selection result announcement||1st week of June 2021|
|Confirmation of attendance deadline||July 5th, 2021|
|The new KNB awardees arrival||August 5th, 2021|
|Directorate General of Higher Education Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia||Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270 Phone : +6221 57946063/Fax: +6221 57946062 Email : email@example.com|
|Director of Public Diplomacy Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia||Jalan Taman Pejambon No. 6, Jakarta Phone : +6221 3813480/Fax : +6221 3858035|
|Telkom University||International office Telkom university Gedung Bangkit, Jalan Telekomunikasi no.1 Terusan Buah Batu, Bandung, Jawa Barat Ph.: +6281321123400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://io.telkomuniversity.ac.id/