||Indra Chandra, S.Si,, M.Si.
||Jl. Telekomunikasi No. 1 – Terusan Buah Batu
||Bachelor of Engineering (S.T.)
||Physics Engineering Program at the Telkom University recently opened in the year 2009, the program of study is born to meet the demands of the industry requires experts in the field of Engineering Physics , which has been recently filled by three public universities and one private university open course Engineering Physics , the Institute of Technology Bandung ( ITB ) , Surabaya Institute of Technology ( ITS ) , University of Gadjah Mada ( UGM ) , and National University . Engineering Physics is a field that very brush . This field overlaps with areas such as Electrical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , and Materials Engineering . One of the hallmarks of Physics Engineering Program is a graduate of flexibility in work and curriculum focus on basic science areas that underpin the above techniques . thus expected to develop these areas towards a better and more in need. Emphasis Physics Engineering Program Telkom University is in Instrumentation and Control Engineering , Energy Engineering , Engineering photonics , Electromagnetic Applications Engineering , and Materials Engineering . However, the emphasis in the above can not be separated from the Telkom University’s focus in the field of Information and Communication Technology . Emphasis is based on the fact that employment in the industrial sector , which is one important factor to sustain the economy in Indonesia very much . In the perspective of future economic structure of the manufacturing and service industries will certainly provide a greater contribution to the Indonesian economy . The industrial sector becomes stronger if supported by human resources as an innovator who has the skill and ability to absorb knowledge in science and engineering , and applied in the industry . Until now the number of graduates from the Engineering Physics Universities in Indonesia still does not meet the needs of the industrial sector . Related competencies Profession of Engineering Physics , such as system integrators engineer , instrument and control engineer , process engineer , helath and safety engineer , energy engineer dominated many foreign workers . Competence Engineering Physics graduates are in great demand in the industry and flexible career for his mastery of engineering graduates in the ability of science based on mathematics and physics , as well as able to work in other engineering fields such as industrial engineering , electrical engineering , telecommunications engineering , mechanical engineering , and engineering other . The results of a comparative study to similar studies programs and Tracer Study of some graduates user industries , as well as Wonderware Software Human Machine Interface , showed that absorption similar graduate courses in the field of industry is quite high . Some industrial absorbent graduates include Caltex , Schlumberger , Astra International , BATAN , LAPAN , PT Telkom , INKA , PINDAD , Pertamina , Chevron Pacific Indonesia , and others . Average Engineering Physics graduate program , particularly in the field of instrumentation and control engineering , only a maximum of 3 months after graduation has been working / absorbed by the companies . This shows that users of Physics Engineering graduates Porgram very large
||Vision of Engineering Physics bachelor Program is becoming superior Physics Engineering Program is able to provide qualified and competent experts in the management of information and communication industry and other industries.
- The mission of the Engineering Physics Program is as follows:
- Organizing Tridharma college and service industries;
- Developing an academic setting;
- Empowerment laboratories;
- Develop appropriate curriculum competencies expected market;
- Increase cooperation with other institutions.
- Having the ability to apply mathematics , science and engineering.
- Having the ability to design and conduct experiments to analyze and interpret data .
- Having the ability to design a system , component or process that needs to be reviewed to bring real constraints such as economic , social , political , ethical , health , and safety .
- Have the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams .
- Having the ability to identify , formulate and solve engineering problems .
- Have the responsibility and professional ethics .
- Having the ability to communicate effectively .
- Having extensive knowledge to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global perspective , economic , environmental and social .
- In developing self- awareness to be able to lifelong learning .
- Having insights into contemporary issues and current.
- Having the ability to use the techniques , skills and modern engineering tools in engineering practice .
- Having a good attitude and character , as well as leadership skills and high loyalty .
- Have the ability to entrepreneurship and the development of creative industries
- Having knowledge of ICT .
- Being able to integrate a variety of physical systems needed industry , and bridging between different engineering fields .
- Produce graduates who have:
- Strong capabilities and skilled in the field of Instrumentation Engineering and be able to apply in any of the fields of Engineering Physics: Instrumentation Industry, Energy Engineering, Engineering Materials and Engineering photonics
- Analyze capabilities, evaluate and provide technical solutions in the field of engineering based principles of physics in the context of a broad
- The ability to pursue further education and careers in pioneering flexibility, as well as a desire for lifelong learning