Vision and Mission
The vision of informatics graduate program is to become a distinguished faculty in post graduate education, research, and social contribution on information and communication technology (ICT). The vision is expanded to four goals.
The graduates of the master degree program in informatics will be able to work either as academic staff or engineers at the middle level of management which specializes in multimedia, information technology (IT), data or content,. these can be achieved through two specialization majors, including:
- Media Informatics for multimedia or IT Specialist
- Social Computing for content specialist
|Course Name||Master of Informatic Engineering|
|Department Head||Dana Kusumo, S.T., M.T., Ph.D.|
|Address||Building D, Telkom University Jl. Telekomunikasi no. 1, Dayeuhkolot, Bandung|
|Telephone Number||+6222 7565931|
|Facsimile Number||+6222 7565931|
|Title given||Magister Teknik (MT) / Engineering Magister|
|Brief Description||To become a department that excels in managing Tridharma (Three Dedication) of Higher Education in the field of Communication|
The program is a B-graded accredited program. there are 40 credit to be completed within 4 semesters, with two program choices :
- Course-based program. It conduct 29 credit delivered through learning in the classrooms. the remaining credits are research course delivered through independent learning. The courses are divided into 4 courses, including 2-credit, a 3-credit Pre-Thesis I, a 3-credit Pre-Thesis II and a 3-credit Thesis Writing.
- Research Based program. it emphasizes research course, so most of its cours are delivered through independent learnin, including 11 credit of Thesis preparation and writing, and 12 credit of electived courses in-line with the student’s thesis topic. The remaining course are deliverded through learning activities and lectures in the classrooms. students who are intending to take the research based program are required to pass the seminar of thesis proposal and have minimum GPA of 3.5.
The Scheme of courses by smester can be seen in the picture below:
A. Media Informatics Specializations
Aiming at mastering the distributed content-based multimedia for business and industries, the informatics graduate program offer a specialization in Media Informatics. Graduates in this program are expected to be able to evaluate and develop various alternative design and technologies concerning multimedia, network and system security. The Courses and their pre-requistes relationship are described in the following diagram.
Elective courses on selected topics are classified in three areas including secutiry, image processing and cloud computing.
- Security Selected topics offered include :
- Advanced Cryptography
- Information Hiding for Texr, Image and video
- Information Hiding II for Audio and Web Content
- Information Security System
- Image Processing. Selected topics in this area consist of :
- Image Processing
- Information Visualization
- Multimedia Application, Content and Communication
- Pattern Recognition
- Cloud Computing . it offers four selected topics, including :
- Distributed System
- Mobile Computing
- Internet Service and Application
- Network Management
- Each Course is a 3-credit course
B. Social Computing
Social Computing Specialization is aimed at producing graduates who have competence in evaluating the performance of the existing IT Technologies. The Graduates have knowledge and skill about how to improve the implementation of IT Technologies for particular cases. they are also expected to be able to develop IT Technology in various areas, such as, education, health, business, and social community. Courses for Social Computing Specialization are organized in the following diagram.
Selected topics on Social Computing are grouped in two areas, Semantic Web and Data Science.