Telkom University’s Creative Arts Study program is the only Art study program which is based on information and communication technology (ICT) and entrepreneurship in Indonesia. But also centered around local cultural content (country).
Vision: To become the Arts Study Program that becomes the global reference and produces professional, independent, creative and competitive graduates in the development of creative industries that is based on information and communication technology of the country’s culture by 2038.
- To organize an Art education that produces graduates who are competent in the creative industries.
- To develop arts by utilizing ICT
- To use the elements of culture as the starting point in professional works
- Reviewing the arts study and disseminating it by utilizing ICT
- To serve public with the knowledge of arts
- To produce graduates who are professional in the field of art. Who are creative, competitive, and innovative and actively play a role in the development of social arts and creative industries, globally.
- Produce graduates who are able to integrate and transform the barriers of conventional art with other fields, especially ICT and the cultures of countries.
- To become a reference for Tridharma activities in the fields of teaching, research and community service. To expand the cooperation with similar study programs, professional actors and the social field in the fine arts, both in the country and abroad.
- To produce competent graduates who can develop fine arts knowledge to contribute to society, professionally at a global level.
Aim: To produce creative producers with creative work that underlies the spirit of entrepreneurship and globalization while maintaining the insight of the culture and to adjust with the development of information and communication technology (ICT)
The main competencies of the graduates:
- Able to visualize artwork by applying science and technology and be able to determine choices related to media and techniques.
- Able to explain the work that is made and be able to communicate the ideas effectively.
- Able to describe the phenomena and problems of art (including the basic understanding of the nature of the artistic profession).
- Able to use the art creation methods and to able to use the art theories in the assessment.
The supporting competences of the graduates:
- Able to write scientific papers.
- Able to use scientific methods.
- Able to write thesis and publish it including the ability to develop partnership and the ability to maintain the association (ability to disseminate papers).
Other competencies: Able to account for results of the work/research based on attitudes and behavior colored by values of local wisdom, independence/entrepreneurship, integrity and have the motivation to do and learn for the benefit of personal self, colleagues and community in general.
|1||FAH1A3||FUNDAMENTAL OF 2 DIMENSIONAL I||3|
|2||FAH1B3||FUNDAMENTAL OF 3 DIMENSIONAL I||3|
|3||FAH1C3||CONSTRUCTIVE DRAWING I||3|
|5||FAH1D3||INTRODUCTION TO FINE ART STUDY||3|
|1||FAH1E3||FUNDAMENTAL OF 2 DIMENSIONAL II||3|
|2||FAH1F3||FUNDAMENTAL OF 3 DIMENSIONAL II||3|
|3||FAH1G3||CONSTRUCTIVE DRAWING II||3|
|5||DUH1A2||INTRODUCTION TO ICT||2|
|1||FAH2A5||FINE ART STUDIO I||5|
|4||FAH2D3||DRAWING III (MODEL AND ANATOMICAL DRAWING)||3|
|1||FAH2F5||FINE ART STUDIO II||5|
|2||FAH2G3||INTERIOR MONUMENTAL ART||3|
|4||FAH2I3||DRAWING IV (ILLUSTRATION)||3|
|5||FAH2J2||INDONESIAN ART HISTORY||2|
|1||FAH3A5||FINE ART STUDIO III||5|
|2||FAH3B3||EXTERIOR MONUMENTAL ART||3|
|4||FAH3D3||ART RESEARCH METHODOLOGY||3|
|6||FAH3F3||PHOTOGRAPHY II AND LABORATORY||3|
|1||FAH3G5||FINE ART STUDIO IV||5|
|5||FAH3J2||WORLD CULTURE HISTORY||2|
|1||FAH4A5||FINE ART STUDIO V||5|
|1||CIH4A6||FINAL PROJECT / THESIS||6|
|3||HUH1G3||PANCASILA AND CIVIC||3|
|4||HUH1X2||RELIGION AND ETHICS||2|
|5||CIH4C2||ENGLISH FOR ART AND DESIGN||2|
|6||FAH4E2||WORLD ART HISTORY||2|
|TOTAL BACHELOR CREDIT||144|
|2||FAH423||SOUND ART AND TECHNIQUE||3|
PAINTING AND ILLUSTRATION STUDIO
Painting and Illustrating fuses traditional expertise and technique with cutting-edge contemporary approaches to art making. In this program, you can study virtually every approach to painting and drawing, from traditional oil painting to graphic novel production and 3D spatial installation. Your technical, formal and conceptual skills will be developed through focused studio production and instructions in theory, art history and cultural studies. Illustration drawing incorporates a wide array of materials and explores gesture, mark making, the construction of visual space, as well as symbols and storytelling. In Painting classes, you will explore color usage, paint applications, tools and techniques along with the formal language of painting and its use in abstract, figurative and hybrid/expanded modes. As active professional artists engaged at both an international and local level, our faculty brings insight into the exciting and complex world of art. You will gain the ability to think creatively and critically and to materialize your ideas in a visual form. These skills sets, along with the development of visual literacy and expertise, can be applied to multiple professions in the visual arts.
FILM AND PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO
This distinctive program allows you to think about the critical and creative relationships between film, photography and the media, while developing your skills to produce projects of your own. A major independent project sits at the heart of the course, supported by modules that put your practice into the context of contemporary debates. You will explore the different critical approaches to the making and consumption of photography and film, allowing them to inform the short film and photography projects you will work on. It is a flexible program which allows you to choose from a range of optional modules to focus on topics that suit your own creative and critical interests. You can study cultural policy, international film industries, film and TV writing, feminism in the media and more. You will be taught by leading researchers and practitioners in the field, and our cutting edge research will inform all your teaching.
INTERMEDIA ART STUDIO
Intermedia supports the development of interdisciplinary work through hybrid practices and emerging media embedded in conceptual inquiry. We explore ideas, traditional techniques and emerging technologies. Our innovative courses emphasize new applications of media, theory and practice, broad cultural perspectives and critical discourses. You will design your own curriculum drawing both from the major as well as from other courses across majors in art and design. Supported by faculty mentorship, your exploration extends beyond studio and academic coursework, including visiting artists and scholars, lectures, field trips, internships, off-site projects, service learning and special projects. We create, invent, reclaim and investigate in the context of contemporary culture.
Internship: Semester break between the 6th and 7th semester as long as 40 days (completed at least 120 credits). But for students who completed 131 credits are allowed to do 6 month internship.
Successful graduates as entrepreneurs:
- Arnanda Gustian R (Culinary)
- Ganjar Bimantoro (Culinary)
- Ahmad Zaki Royhan (Culinary)
- Gumilang Ramadhan (Illustrator)
For further info please click : http://sci.telkomuniversity.ac.id/en/educational/study-program/fine-art/